The gite, L'Alpe de Virgile , is situated on the slopes of Valloire, a ski-resort in Savoy, opposite the majestic Galibier mountain. It is an exceptional site with its nearby facilities blending into the authentic little village of Verneys (shops, ski hire and restaurants are less than 100 metres away).
The house contains five 3* and 4* apartments accommodating between 4 and 12 people.
Years ago, Virgile had the house's first bathtub hauled up the Telegraphe mountain-side by a donkey! By the end of 2006 the apartments had all been lovingly restored and tastefully modernised.
"L'Alpe de Virgile" suits the whole family perfectly :
- the youngest child can ski straight over to ski-school situated just behind the house,
- the other kids can ski off to the same place and take the beginners ski-lift,
- the more daring members of the family can take the chair-lift just 50 metres away from the house and join the 150 km of skiable slopes for a day's downhill or snow-surfing in Valloire-Valmeinier,
- nature-lovers can go rambling through the forest or venture outdoors with snow-shoes or cross-country skis,
- everyone can take the village bus and visit the rest of the resort.